KENZAI CHALK TALK #3: How to Lose 8 Pounds
Do you want to know the easiest way to lose 8 pounds? Well, you could always cut off your arm – it probably weighs around 8 pounds or so.
Chances are, though, what you actually want to do is lose weight. You want to look better, feel healthier, and even make movement easier. Well, losing 8 pounds doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll achieve any of those things, so let’s talk about the smartest way you can feel better physically: by reducing body fat and building muscle mass.
How to Lose Weight on a Diet
If you’re eating less calories than you burn, you’ll lose weight. It’s that simple. However, you don’t want to just lose weight. You want to drop body fat, not muscle mass!
- Focus on eating protein-rich foods, like chicken and lentils. Protein helps to preserve and build muscle.
- Eat less sugar and refined foods. These foods don’t satisfy your hunger, so you’re more likely to overeat.
- That said, you don’t need to eliminate all your favorite foods. Just enjoy them in moderation.
How to Lose Weight Fast With Exercise
Exercise is great for helping you reduce body fat and build muscle. The more muscle you have, the more efficiently your body burns calories, which is great news if you’re trying to lose a few pounds of body fat.
- If you’re new to training, start with bodyweight exercises like squats, pushups, and lunges.
- Ready to take your training up a level? Add accessories like push-up bars to your workout routine.
- Use a mixture of kettlebells, resistance bands, free weights, and barbells to strengthen your muscles and build some muscle mass.
The goal is to ensure your workouts are always challenging. Just make sure you eat enough nutrient-rich foods to support recovery so you can train harder for longer!
How to Loosen Tight Muscles
Do you have tight muscles all over your body? Here are some tips for loosening those tight muscles so you can move easier and get the most from your training.
- Release some muscle tension with a foam roller.
- Improve your posture – rounded shoulders can make your muscles feel tight.
- Try out gentle yoga or pilates exercises to improve your flexibility.
- Stand when possible and take a break from your desk.
How to Feel Better Physically and Lose 8 Pounds
What’s the takeaway? Well, the smartest way to lose weight is not necessarily the easiest. However, by focusing on reducing body fat, building muscle mass, and loosening tight muscles, you can feel better and make movement easier for a long time to come.
Remember, don’t focus so much on an arbitrary number, like 8 pounds. Focus instead on moving well and eating healthy, and you’ll drop body fat naturally while retaining muscle mass.
Do you want to tone up, drop some fat, or just feel better about your body? Arrange a time to chat with a Kenzai Team Member to discover how we can help you reach your goals.