FOOD NUTRITION: French Toast
While french toast may seem like an indulgent breakfast, it's reasonably Kenzai-compliant! And with a sensible bread selection (say a minimally processed, grain-rich wheat bread), French toast can be a sweet lil pick-me-up amidst the usual training-diet slog of egg-white scrambles and steamed veggies.
Best of all, with the holiday season fast approaching, it provides another opportunity to use cinnamon and nutmeg in a recipe.
We like to keep it simple, and sweet! So follow along for a great training-diet pick-me-up!
KENZAI FRENCH TOAST:
- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk
- One teaspoon fresh ground cinnamon
- Sliced bread
- Butter or oil for pan
- Crack two eggs in a bowl; whisk with a splash of milk. (OK to sub one egg for an egg white)
- Add tsp. fresh ground cinnamon (and nutmeg, if available)
- Drench and soak sliced bread for one minute.
- Lift bread from egg mixture to remove excess; cook over oiled//buttered pan at medium-high heat for one minute per side.
- Serve alongside fresh mixed berries; drizzle plate with a bit of honey.