Struggling to get back into fitness after the long summer months?
You’re not alone! A lot of people struggle to keep their fitness levels up over the summer months. Children need entertainment, you’re enjoying a fabulous holiday in the sun, it’s practically impossible to say no to a lovely chilled glass of rose when the weather is glorious, and the list of seasonal distractions goes on and on.
If you’ve kept up your regime, amazing! If you need a few extra tips to kickstart your motivation and rediscover the buzz of feel-good exercise again, here’s some tips for you:
- Set a clear goal. Forget about long-term results for the moment and focus on the immediate benefits of feeling good. Sometimes just getting that first workout done and remembering how good adrenaline feels in the body can be enough to kickstart your new regime.
- Plan your workout. Set a time when you can complete your exercise without distraction and stick to it. We often hear from Kenzai trainees that setting aside a regular time leads to greater success.
- Try something new. Boredom leads to apathy. Sign-up for a program you haven’t tried before, challenge yourself to do something out of your comfort zone, join a class you have always fancied doing. Variety really is the spice of life.
- Make a commitment. Share your fitness goals with friends, relatives, and your community. We know that blogging with our teammates leads to greater success in completing our goals. Be transparent and honest. You’ll feel supported and more likely to succeed.
- Workout together. At Kenzai we group trainees together for a reason. If you train, support, and challenge each other, you will achieve a greater level of success. If you’re not in a training cycle at the moment, call up a friend, go for a run or hike together, take a class or simply get together to kickstart your fitness however you feel works for you.
- New gear! Everyone loves new gear, and treating yourself to some new activewear, weights, rope is a nifty little trick that really helps your motivation.
The sun has set on summer (at least in the Northern Hemisphere...) so let’s go!
By: Sara Pittman // Kenzai Assistant Trainer & Member